Saturday, April 10, 2010

CRAZY DAY and THINGS FULL of MEMORIES

You would not believe my day today!!

Last weekend in anticipation of moving, sometime, to the States. Kev and I went through the house and made a list of all the things that we knew we had to sell. We have to move ourselves home this time around so we have limited room in the shipping crate we are going to get. We know that we have to get rid of somethings and we definitely have to get rid of anything with a plug on it since it won't work in the States.

Last night around 10:30 we finished up pricing everything and sent an e-mail to a few people and asked them to pass it on if they could. I got on-line this morning at 8am and I already had about 15 e-mails of people wanting things on that list. I was shocked. My day continued on like that. The phone ringing. People stopping by. Things leaving my house. Making deals to pick things up later when we don't need them anymore. In one day I think we have sold half the things on the list. In between things we cleaned out the garage, moved stuff out there that will go to the garage sale in a few weeks time, clothes, books, toys, etc. Kev washed the car and we talked endlessly to people around us. I am still shocked and very worn out.

In realizing that stuff is leaving I see things and remember stories about them. One of those is the wardrobe that we have been using for Rylee. I found it on the side of the road one day during Council Clean-up. I was by myself and I knew that if I went home Kev wouldn't go back out and get it for me. I proceeded to take the seats out in the van and somehow with much sweating and a bit of "why am I doing this again?" I managed to get this big thing in the van all by myself. I could barely close the door. Kev laughed so hard when I got home to see what I had been doing - he was wondering what had taken me so long. I had drawers stacked high and the wardrobe squeezed in the van. I was proud of myself for not giving up and Kev admitted that he wouldn't have gone back out and gotten it for me. It is being sold along with many other things in our home.

Now we are just praying that the van and the scooter will sell before we have to leave. What a relief that would be!

No comments: