Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2009


I am slowly making headway through my to-do list. I have made myself a bit crazy this year because I didn't start everything as early as I usually do. No worries! I am almost done!!!
We just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas from sunny, hot Australia. This will probably be our last Christmas here and so we are trying to make the best of it. Of course we had hoped to be home by now - but the Lord apparently has other plans for us at this time. That has made it hard for me to get into the Christmas Spirit - but I think it is slowly leaking into my heart!
This year has been eventful for us. Mostly because of all the visitors who came so we could play tour guide. It was so much fun to have family here to show them around our "turf" and share with them some of our Aussie memories.
Madisen turned eight in August and was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She continues to amaze me each and every day with her spirit and her knowledge and love for the Savior. She also had her tonsils taken out this year and was such a trooper. Her recovery was swift and we have noticed many improvements. Her hair has gotten really long and she plans on getting it cut when we return to the States and giving it to "Locks of Love"
Cooper started and successfully finished kindy. He loved every minute of it and has made some wonderful friends. He has become an excellent reader in such a short time. I love to see him continue to grow and to learn. He is a true boy and loves computer games. Not only does he love them, but he is good at them.
Rylee and I have had a lot of quality time this year since the older kids are at school. I have treasured my time with just Rylee and feel bad that I never had this alone time with Cooper. We play Memory and read books. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and wearing her "princess dresses."
Our family adventures this year found us in New Zealand and The Great Barrier Reef. We have also spent as much time as possible at the beach.
Although most of the time I do not miss the cold winter weather in Utah, I have to admit that for the first time a few weeks ago I actually missed the snow. I know crazy!! Not the driving in the snow bit, but the watching it fall, drinking hot chocolate, warm and cozy inside my house bit. There is something magical about a snow storm and I have missed it even though I thought I didn't.
We are interested to see what 2010 will bring us.
We hope that this holiday season finds your family healthy and happy!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Cindy Staley said...

Love your card! So glad it has been such a great year for you guys. We are hoping Kev will get a job here soon so you can join us next year for the wonderful snow (I say that VERY sarcasically since I just got back inside from plowing for over an hour!!) Miss you guys and hope you have a magical Christmas!
Love Ya!
Cindy

Cindy Staley said...

Oh, but Stace, I'm with you, It's not Christmas with out snow, no matter how big of a pain it is to drive in or shovel.. must be a UT girl thing!

Kate said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! I've so loved reading about your adventures, and watching your kids grow and change. I think it's so wonderfully brave to pack up your family and move across the world, and I think it's very admirable. What an adventure! Whereever life takes you next, I hope it's wonderful for you all.
Have a great, sunny Christmas!
xox

mintifresh said...

Love the card! Hope your Christmas was awesome!

PS I know you know this so I am just reminding you...you're old house is for sale...hint..hint...