Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SAYING GOODBYE

It is hard to believe that it has been almost a week since we left the land of Oz.
Although we are very glad to be back home it was so hard to say goodbye.
I fell in love with Australia, the people, the culture, and the climate.
It is not a bad place to live with beaches 30 minutes away and sunshine almost everyday.
We traded sunny skies and warmish temperatures with rain and cold spring of Utah.
The leaves were just changing and falling off the trees, now the blossoms are falling like snow.
We left many things behind and packed up the rest and sent it on a big boat.
We came with 10 suitcases full to the brim and our hearts full as well.

I learned over the past three years that the Lord has bigger plans for us than we can ever imagine.
All we have to do is listen and have faith to follow the path He puts before us.
It may seem that some get all their prayers answered while we still long for things that seem unreachable.
This is not true.
Our paths are not all the same.
If we are willing to see the hand of God in our lives we will realize just how many blessings come our way.
If we are willing to jump out of our comfort zone every once in a while we will see how strong we really are.

I took a giant leap to move anywhere outside of Utah - this is no secret.
I certainly moved outside of my comfort zone.
I was not sure what I was doing and why I was going down the path.
I knew that this was something that Kev had always wanted to do.
I made a sacrifice to make his dreams come true.
I am glad that I did.
I learned a lot about myself over the past three years.
I will never forget the time I spent in Australia.
I will not be the same because of those I met while living "down under."
I am a better person for having jumped out of my comfort zone.
I followed the path that my Heavenly Father put in front of me and He had bigger things in store for me than I ever thought possible.
I have truly been blessed.
I will never forget where all those blessings come from.

2 comments:

Janae said...

Goodbyes are the worst...EVER. But at least these days you have Facebook and emails right? I am sure they LOVED having you over there. And you got to do TONS of neat things. Good for you for being brave and doing hard things. And now we are glad you are home!

Mari said...

you'll have to rename your blog now :)

Thanks for jumping out of your comfort zone to come down here and enriching our lives by your example and friendship. Thanks for loving our children and guiding them so beautifully in Primary these past few years! You truly were the Saviour's hands down there in the "dungeon" and I know the children felt of your love for them and their Saviour's love through you. They could feel your testimony and be guided by it as they develop their own.

Lots of love to you!