Thursday, April 29, 2010

FOR THE KIDS

I have been trying to make this transition for my kids as painless as possible.  There have been many tears shed over loss of friends.  Many talks over all the good things we get in return.  Many hugs and kisses to make it all better.  All in all they are doing well.

In my quest to make this transition easier I told the kids I would have a party for all their friends before we left.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  How was I going to fit that in?  Well I did it the easy way.  We had the party ( a glorified play date really) at the park last Friday straight after school.  I had all the mom’s bring a plate to share and it was so easy!!!

invite copy

Because we did it at the park I told the kids they could invite whomever they wanted.  I made little invitations and gave them each a little stack – Cooper’s was significantly smaller than Madi’s (about 20 for Madi and 10 for Cooper).  They took them to school on the first day back for Term 2.  After school I was informed that they both needed more.  I gave them both about half the number of the day before and told them that was it.  We had so many kids show up.

Madi is our social butterfly.  She is so nice to everyone and has tons of friends.  Cooper on the other hand has two really good friends and a handful of boys he plays ball with.   It is so funny to see the difference in their personalities.  

We taught the kids how to play red rover and just let them hang out and play.  Rylee had so much attention from all the girls who would do anything for her that she was in heaven and we hardly saw her the whole time we were there.  What an easy party.  I was glad that I did it for the kids.  They appreciated it and told me so many, many times.  Sometimes even through the stress of life we need to do things to help our kids, things we may not want to do, but things that will make them happy.  

 DSC_0018  DSC_0093 DSC_0143 DSC_0166DSC_0180  DSC_0172

DSC_0025

4 comments:

Janae said...

They all look so cute in their uniforms! What a great idea to have it at a park! Can't wait to see you guys!

Stutz Family said...

Reading your posts makes me tear up! I never had to move, stayed in the same house 'till I graduated but I am feeling happy's and sad's for your family! Really excited for you to be back!

superhey said...

This reminds me of when we moved to Utah from South Carolina. It was right before my 16th birthday and we were all pretty bummed about having to leave. My dad suggested that we have some friends over on the Friday night before we left to have an early birthday party. I will never forget the number of friends that came to see us off. It was the best thing that my parents could have done for us. I never could have possibly extended all the good-byes that I wanted to without that farewell party. It was a great time to see all my friends one last time and to really get to say good-bye. Your kids will remember that you did that for them and always be greatful. That party will bring them comfort and closure on this adventure in their lives...only 3 more days! Are you ready?

Brooklyn said...

I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU GUYS