Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Looking at the world differently

Finally I got the toddler car seat cleaned up and we got it in the car on Saturday. We probablly should have put her in it a long time ago rear facing, but I was a slacker and didn't get it out of the garage soon enough. It was covered in years of dust and grime. Rylee was so excited. She can see what is coming now instead of what is going. She sits in her little seat and kicks her feet happily and constantly says, "mamma" or "dadda" until someone turns around and looks at her. The joys of toddlerhood! Also on Saturday we had another first. We visited our first drive thru window in Australia! We were heading to an Elder's Quorum BBQ lunch and we were late and had nothing to eat. We saw the "Golden Arches" and decided to check it out - it had a drive thru!!! We have actually been on a Macca's fast. The kids were asking for it all the time so we told them that they couldn't have it for a month. So we broke our McDonald's fast and had nuggets and fries, shakes, and a good old Big Mac. Now we can try for two months this time around.


We also forgot how much we love the drive thru. Really, you don't realize all the conveniences until they are lost. I am missing Wendy's though - fries and a frosty, yummo - and a shake from Arctic Circle, YUMMO!!! I'm going to gain at least 10 lbs when I come back home...

The Elder's Quorum activity didn't turn out as planned - it turned out to be an Elder's Quorum presidency BBQ - plus it was so cold. Apparently when the wind comes from the south it is not so good for the temperature, but good for the surfers. After eating lunch and a play at the park - once the kids were playing they didn't notice the cold a bit - when everyone left we headed over to this cool hand ball wall which had been painted all over (Janae you would have loved it). I tried to take some pictures for this weeks challenge for photography - the theme was Father's - I love this shot. I couldn't submit it because it has a lot of flaws - mostly because it is a bit out of focus and Rylee's got some issues - but it will make a great scrapbook LO. Plus isn't it just cute? By now Rylee was cold and not very cooperative so you take what you can get. We will have to go back on a warmer day and have some fun!

4 comments:

Janae said...

ohhh fun! I would have loved it. I really like that last shot, it shows off everyone well and you even get a big chunk of the wall.

Janae said...

ohhh fun! I would have loved it. I really like that last shot, it shows off everyone well and you even get a big chunk of the wall.

Suzi said...

Oh I neeed one of those hard plastic "can't get out of my straps" things.
The tough material one we had has just given up the ghost and never really worked.. though it's probably a US purchase right?

Mari said...

Rylee looks very pleased with getting a new view!

I wish there was a Wendy's here too.....