Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I know it has been a while since I have blogged. I haven't had much to blog about - unless rain clouds and gloomy weather count. We went from really hot summer days to rainy cool days in less than 24 hours and have stayed there for a week. I actually don't mind the cooler temperatures and listening to the rain on my roof, but the sight of the sun would be nice as well every once in a while (it did come out for a few hours yesterday!).


We really haven't done much in the past few weeks except plan our trip to New Zealand. You would not believe how many hotels, homes, motels, etc I have looked up. Well, it is all done. The route is planned, the car is rented, and all the hotels are booked. I am so excited. My camera is ready and I am hoping to get some great landscape pictures (something I am not very good at so I will be practicing a lot). We will stop and see a few Lord of the Rings sites, go to a hot springs pool, watch a Maori show, and may even go snorkling with seals!!! We were going to go swimming with dophins, but ran into a hitch. You have to be at least five to get on the boat - so Kev would have to stay behind with Rylee. Then you have to be at least eight to get into the water. So the kids would have to stay on the boat while I got in the water - I am not so sure that will work out so swell. That dream will have to wait a bit longer!
Kevin did surprise me for Valentines Day. He called me from work a few days before and asked me on a date! How cool is that? I love it when he actually calls me and asks me on a proper date. We had the best dinner at a new place we found (I'm not sure if it is new, but we have never noticed it before). It was a bagel shop in Macquarie Center right by the movie theater!!! I love bagel sandwiches and bagels are hard to find and really expensive here. I was so excited. I had the most amazing bagel sandwich and yummy curly fries - all that was missing was a rootbeer and my American meal was complete!!! I told Kev that we need to go back there at least once a month to get my fix!
After dinner we went to see a movie. We finally made it to see Australia!! Seriously a good movie! Great love story, great action, and the best thing was all the scenery. Australia really is a beautiful place!!! Plus Hugh Jackman - not bad to look at! If you haven't seen it yet go - you will learn a bit about Australia in the process!
Next time I post I will have pictures from our trip!!!!

3 comments:

Janae said...

Have fun on your trip! When are you going? I am awaiting all your exciting pictures! And we have not seen Australia but we plan on it!

sirpa said...

I loved Australia (both the movie and the country) too! And yes, Hugh Jackman is a hottie! :-) Have fun in NZ!

Jones Fam said...

We are definitely jealous of you're making it to NZ! Please take lots of pictures and be sure to tell us the good places to go. Are you doing both the north and south islands? Where are you flying in to? So what is your long-term outlook? Any idea on when you might be coming back? Cheers, mates!