Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our BIG little girl

For the past week it has just been Rylee and I during the day. It has been rather nice to take one child shopping to run errands. Since she goes down for a nap a few hours after we drop off the kids it is a quiet house for me to get some projects done!!! She has also recently realized that there is enjoyment in the TV. She loves to watch Wall-E and even says his name just like he does - it is a crack up! Of course her TV watching is only about 10 minutes long, but that's okay.She really has grown up a lot in the past few months - and I just realized that I forgot to write about it. During the first part of January we decided to put up her toddler bed and give her an option of whether to sleep there or not. Since that first night there has been no turning back for this little girl - she loves to sleep in her big girl bed! We have since taken the crib completely down and loaned it to a friend who needed one. She has also gone to nursery all by herself with no tears for the past month. I didn't want to blog about that in case she decided to digress - but she is doing so well. She is such a trooper and her nursery leaders say she has really come out of her shell in the past few weeks - chatting up a storm and doing silly things that she laughs at(that's our Rylee!). She cracks me up when I buckle her in her seat. For the last week anytime anyone buckles her up she claps her hands and says "you did it!" She gets so excited that we can buckle her up - simple joys! I love this little one so much and am glad that she is my company during the day!

5 comments:

Suzi said...

She is soooo sweet.

Janae said...

That last little smile is so cute! I LOVE this age! I think it is so much fun.

Deb said...

Love that last picture. What a cutie!

Kate said...

This is such a beautiful post! I wish they sold toddler beds in NZ too, we've been looking everywhere for one for Natalia - she's still in a cot! (But her little sister needs it soon!)

sirpa said...

She's a cutie! I think she looks more and more like Madi.