Friday, February 27, 2009

NOT THE WAY TO START OUT A TRIP.

We got to the airport in plenty of time. However, we had paid for long term parking and didn't realize how far away that was. That was okay, we got to the gate in plenty of time as well - or so we thought. We spent at least 45 minutes waiting at the counter for the lady to figure out her new computer system. By the time we got checked in we had 15 minutes until our plane was supposed to leave. We still had to go through security and fill out those darn cards - ugh!!! Let's just say by the time we got through the security screening our plane was supposed to be flying away. We started running through the airport - yep all five of us, kids complaining the whole way. Soon we heard our names over the loud speaker - Hutchinson family of four (Rylee didn't have her own ticket) please come to gate I can't remember the number. Running, running, almost there. Yep we held everyone up - but at least we got on the flight. However, just as we were sitting down the pilot came on to tell everyone that due to a few families coming late they would have to load the luggage and finish the paper work before we could take off - thanks alot sir! There were a few sighs behind us - sorry people didn't mean to mess up your whole vacation. We did take off at least 45 minutes late and I felt terrible - I hate it when people are late and everyone is waiting around for them and this time it was me. Not the best way to start off a vacation.

2 comments:

sirpa said...

I know exactly how you feel, Stacy! I hate being late too and I hate others being late (although in Australia I had to learn how to tolarate it ;)).

I almost missed my flight too once. I was flying from Norway to Finland. I took a plane from Oslo to Helsinki and was supposed to take another flight to Turku. For some reason they would not transfer my baggage to the plane going to Turku but I had to do it myself. However, I waited forever for my baggage to show up on that line and ran with them as fast as I could to the domestic check-in (it's in another building) and by the time I got to the check-in the guy told me that I was late and would have to take another plane. I was so angry that I started crying and said that it wasn't my fault that I was late. Then the guy sighed and made a phone call and checked me in! I suppose a few tears won't hurt every now and then :-)

On the plane I was seated next to a friendly gentleman who wasn't at all upset for me making everyone wait. Instead he was very understanding and offered me candy :-)

Cherish said...

It is worse on you punctual people when it isn't even your fault! For people like me who are punctually challenged I am always relieved when I can pass the buck!