Friday, February 27, 2009

THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!

Kev asked me at dinner last night if I had updated the blog yet and I told him I hadn't had time. He was shocked. Usually that is one of the first things that I do. Sorry I have been busy. Plus I entered a designer contest for digital scrapbooking and have been working on that. I will try and update our trip over the next couple of days as I manage to organize all the photos.

I can't believe how blessed I am to live in Australia and get to see the world around me. I have to admit that I am not much of a traveler. I really am a home body. I like my schedule and my system and I don't really like them messed up. However, Kevin is rubbing off on me. I enjoy a good trip now and then. Our trip to New Zealand was awesome!!! I told Kev there are two types of people who go on vacation. Those who like to stay in one place and relax and those who like to travel all around and fit in as much as possible. We are the later. We did so much and spent a lot of time driving around in the car to different cities in just seven days, and we wished that we had at least another week to see everything.

We saw a lot of these
and a lot of views like this (reminds me so much of home!)
To give you an idea we flew into Christchurch (that is a funny story in and of itself - let's just say our trip didn't start out as planned) - on the east coast about half way down the south island. That night we drove 6 1/2 hours to Queenstown - we pulled in just before midnight. We spent a few days there and then drove back to Christchurch. We did stop along the way at some beautiful lakes. Unfortunately for us the weather wasn't good those two days and it rained a lot. (We never saw Mt. Cook because it was covered in clouds.) We then did little short two hour drives to Hanmer Springs (just north of Christchurch) and over to Kaikoura on the east coast. Then back to Christchurch and onto an airplane. It was crazy. However, thanks to my amazing organizational skills we managed to do so much.

3 comments:

Janae said...

Can't wait to hear more!

Melissa Giles said...

Hey, did you see the Bachelor down there? They were filming the last couple weeks down there. J/K you probably didn't. Sounds like a way fun trip!

Luvnbnamom said...

Okay I hope that this isnt everything...you better go into details and post some more pics or a slideshow!