Monday, November 30, 2009

CRAZY BUSY WEEKEND

Bring on the Christmas Season!
Doesn't life always seem to get CRAZY busy after Thanksgiving? It sure does for me. It is like all the sudden the flood gates open up and the fun comes in. This past weekend was so busy for us. Non-stop fun! We had our first Christmas party on Saturday and even got a visit from Santa. It was super hot (40 - or 103 - degrees) but we still enjoyed ourselves.
Sunday was a day that I don't think I stopped all day. I had to prepare my part in our American Thanksgiving celebration here, listen to the BYU vs Utah game, and finish up a few things for the Primary presentation all before Church started. I got all my bits for the Thanksgiving dinner done and thankfully I thought ahead and did most of the Primary stuff on Saturday night.
There was three minutes left in the fourth quarter of the football game when we had to leave for Church. I kid you not three minutes! If it hadn't been the Primary presentation I think I may have had to go late to Church. I know shocking! Good thing people in the world can access the Internet on their phones. I was given an update after sacrament meeting and heard the good news!!! So even though Kev hijacked the blog with his lovely message - see post below - it was wishful thinking!
After Church and Kev's weekly meeting we headed over to the Boyle's house for Thanksgiving dinner. There were three families there and the three sister missionaries from our ward. It was so fabulous to walk up to their door and smell the turkey. Oh, that smell, it is lovely!! We had all the traditional Thanksgiving food and the best pumpkin pie ever!!! It was good to celebrate even if it was a few days late. No picture though, because I forgot the camera. Seriously, can't remember everything I guess!
Finally we got home and got the kids to bed. I read up about the game and crashed into bed.
Today I am exhausted, but at least the rain came and the temperature cooled off.
The heat wave is killing me!

No comments: