Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 - changes

The end of 2009 was a bit hard for me. I can't pinpoint it to one thing - I just know that I have been struggling with many things.
My back has been hurting for six months now - chronic pain is no fun. I have had a back problems since a series of car accidents in my early 20's, but it was getting better. The problem is that exercise is good for me to keep my back feeling okay, but when it hurts like this it is hard to exercise. A catch 22.
I am worn out with many things and just can't seem to find enough energy to make it through everyday. I find myself dragging all of the time. I get a headache every Sunday, and it takes me days to feel better. I need to find my "good place" spiritually.
I want to change this for 2010. My goal is to live in the moment. I am not really sure how to do this, but I will take it day by day. If I live in the moment I will appreciate all the little things, I will grow, and I will stop thinking about when the things I really want will happen.

5 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

Love you Stace and hope that all your dreams come true this 2010 year. You certainly deserve it, Love ya tons!!

Lisha said...

I think you speak what many of us feel and are going through too!! I hope you find your happy place, I think it starts from within, when all becomes well within, we cope a little better with what is happening out side of us.

You are not alone, I'm still working on my happy place, and a pain free happy place too!

Mari said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope it all resolves for you and that you will be in that happy place soon!

I love your scrap page, especially that you scrapped about the challenges as well as the blessings!

Monica said...

Without knowing too many details I would say that I can relate to the back issues as well as the spirituality issues. I'm still working on them both but I found a GREAT book that has really changed my perspective (you know, in addition to the scriptures). It's called "Contentment" by Maria Covey Cole. I found it very inspiring. It's practical and a fast read. I've read it 3 times in the last two months.

As far as the back issues...good luck. I can't stand the therapy stretches, icing and heat that they want me to do twice a day...I don't think I've done them once this month yet ;). But I hear ya, chronic pain is the pits.

Anyway, hope this year starts to get a bit easier!

Cartier Family said...

I too am looking for a way to feel like I am in a better place! I've decided to look around for what others are doing to help them to see if it is something worth trying. I'm always open to new ideas!
One thing you could try for the back pain is swimming or water arobics. Trust me, it helps to be in an enviroment where you don't feel all of the weight. Just a suggestion!