Thursday, January 28, 2010

SIDE NOTES: things I forgot to write, but want to remember.

There are a few things I forgot to write in my post last night - it was late and I was tired, plus it was long already. These are little things that I don't want to forget.

1. I threw up on the plane - yep you heard me. I get motion sickness pretty easily and don't always like flying because of it. I have never gotten that sick on a plane. We were at the very back of the plane on the way back to Sydney, and there was turbulence. Needless to say I was keeping it in check until we landed and it is a good thing for those lovely little bags in your seat pocket.

2. Three girls got kicked off our plane on the way home. They were sitting across the isle from us and they were taken off the plane. The pilot told us sorry for the delay, but they were being "silly". What does that mean? We are still wondering what they did.

3. Madi cried the night before we left when I tucked her in. She is such a sensitive girl. I told her she could call me whenever she wanted - she took me up on the offer.

4. While talking to Cooper one night he proceeded to tell me everything he had done that day. Then all of a sudden he stopped and said, "So mom, what did you do today?" He was so sincere and excited to hear about my day. I told him I was going to see the #1 tennis player in the world play the #1 tennis player in Australia and he wanted me to call him and tell him who won. Sorry kid, the game ended at 11:00 pm. I told him the next day when I got home.

5. The first day we brought sandwiches for lunch. I wanted a drink and some fries to go with it. Kev went down and got a little box of "chips", a bottle of Coke, and a bottle of Powerade. It cost $20. We bought drinks outside the stadium the next day and brought them in.

6. You forget how hard it is to be a parent until you get away from it all for a few days. While you miss all the endearing things, there are a lot of hard things about parenthood. Why don't people tell you that?

7. I thought that since Melbourne was the fashion capital of Australia everyone would be dressed up fancy and in the latest and greatest. Not so much. They look like everyone else...LOL!!

8. I talked to Rylee once on the phone and while I didn't understand a thing she said it was so awesome to hear her little voice tell me she loved me before she got off the phone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I contemplate the list inform should acquire more info then it has.