Monday, March 2, 2009

LAKE TEKAPO

On the way to Queenstown we stopped at Lake Tekapo. I had read about it on-line and there was an old church there. It was beautiful! The church had so much character and the whole setting was so peaceful and serene. The temperature was perfect. The water was calm and soothing. The rocks were round from being washed over with water and perfect for skipping across the lake. The scenery was unbelievable. It was perfection. What a beautiful world we live in. Rylee spent all of her time throwing rocks into the "waters." That kid loves water so much it is unbelievable. For the entire trip anytime we saw water she wanted to throw something into it or get herself into it.
There were all these rock towers that people had built and left behind so of course the kids got into the act. We stayed there for a good 45 minutes before climbing back in and heading on our way.
We liked it so much we stopped by again on the way back to Christchurch a few days later. The temperature had dropped and the water wasn't as smooth and soothing, but it was still a gorgeous place to stop and spend some time.

As we were driving away the second time heading north to Christchurch this is what I saw out my window. I made Kev pull over so I could get some pictures. I did this so many times on our trip and he was so nice to pull over for me. Isn't it gorgeous - this one will get framed one day and hang on a wall in my house in Utah!

Just a disclaimer - the pictures are all straight out of my camera. Most of the time on my blog I don't edit them. I wait until I scrapbook to do that.

4 comments:

Janae said...

These are great. I really like the one of Madi and the church!

Carli said...

Win and I were just admiring some of your awesome shots - what a great place! I love the one of Maddy and the church and the cairns - they are found all over the world and so mystical.

Brandon and Julie said...

I also really like the one with Madi and the Church, your trip sounds amazing so far

Suzi said...

That picture of Maddy in the grass with the church is AMAZING! You're so awsome.