Monday, May 25, 2009

MY MOM WILL LAUGH...

...BUT I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE ONE OF THESE:

OR ONE OF THESE:

I found this shop, Nuxie Made on etsy the other day and I am in love with these hats. For a while now I have thought I could make some, but I don't really know where to start. My mom tried to teach me how to crochet when I was little - I never got past how to make chains, but I did make really long chains all through the house.

So anyone who knows - where do I start?

I probablly need to find a book to teach me some bascis - any good ones out there?

What kind of needles and yarn do I use?

What is the difference between crocheting and knitting anyway?

I see big things in my future if I can learn this - scarves, hats, hair clips, and bags. The possibilities are endless!

6 comments:

Janae said...

ohhh I want to learn too! I have been talking to your mom about it, but she tells me I need to learn how to crochet long rows first, and that doesn't sound fun...LOL

Luvnbnamom said...

Oh My neighbor has just been learning to make them too...She made the one that Brooklyn is wearing in that photo that I blogged about last month...My Daughter the Model! I will ask her if she has any tips!!

Shelley Fairbanks said...

I googled beginning crocheting and printed off the basics to teach and hand out to our YW about 8 years ago. There are a lot of patterns you can get online.

Ah another craft adventure. Enjoy, its addicting.

While crocheting, I've made many a things. Couldn't get the knitting thing down very well. But made Christmas stockings, beanies, etc using hat looms and yarn. And I'm left handed! It IS possible, I promise. You can do it. Have fun and don't forget to post pics of your creations. Oh, I forgot who I was commenting to. J/K. Enjoy!

Suzi said...

I was just asking Jackie to show me how to make dish clothes the other day.. I'm sure it's the same kind a thing. I can only remember how to do one long line, not getting me very far :o)

Cindy Staley said...

How cute! I don't have any advice for you except that I hope it turns out much better than the afghan quilt I made for my Laurel project a million years ago. Let's just say I wasn't great at keeping my stitches the same tightness, oh well... post pictures when you get something done. I'm sure you will do great, just like everything else you do! hugs....cindy

Brandon and Julie said...

I as well would love to make them, but the chains are going to get me very far either. Maybe I should have listened to Mom when she told me I would want this talent in the future.