Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SICKIE BUGS

Sorry I have been MIA. We have been sick around here. It all started last week when I was fine and then 20 minutes later not so good. It hit me that fast. Every year I don't get a flu shot and every year I get the flu - you would have thought I would have learned by now. I have a really bad immune system and seem to get sick easily, so you would think that I would really consider getting a shot to prevent me from getting the flu. Nope. It is too big of a pain. When I worked at the front desk of a doctor's office they would come to us to give us flu shots - that was so much easier. So basically I am lazy.

I got the flu. I was a bit nervous that it might actually be swine flu. As it is now running rampant in Australia. We didn't have any cases a month ago but not now. There was even a cruise ship stranded in the ocean because it couldn't dock due to swine flu on the ship. They finally got to come to dock and the cruise ship was docked right outside Kev's building. Although when I truly thought about it I realized that I haven't been around anyone with swine flu so I probably just got that regular flu - you know the one that actually does kill thousands of people yearly.

After a few days I was worn out but a bit better. Although still today two weeks later I am still not myself. I still have body aches and a cold. I am telling you the flu in Australia seems worse to me than anything I ever got back home. Every time one of us gets sick here it seems to last longer and be worse than what we had back home. The girls got sick as well. Then yesterday Kev stayed home from work because his wasn't well. Although after sleeping in he felt 100% better - maybe he is just a little worn out from the stress at work recently. Now Cooper is home from school today because he isn't feeling and Rylee still isn't herself.

I just want all the sickie bugs gone. I guess we are just getting everything before all our visitors start showing up.

1 comment:

Mari said...

just let us know if you get quarantined and require food parcels dropped off! ... (sorry.... shouldn't joke about that....) I hope you all recover soon!!