Friday, October 9, 2009

THE UNKNOWN

I do not do well with the unknown. I like to know the direction my life is going and what is in store for me. I hate the times in my life where I don't know what is going to happen next. I do know these times have to happen. Life can't just continue on in the same direction all the time. That would be boring, and we wouldn't be able to experience all the joys and happiness Heavenly Father has in store for us.

Right now we have a lot of the unknown in our family. We know that our time in Australia is coming to an end. Kevin and I both feel that it is time to go home. We feel like we have come here and experienced what we were meant to experience. Met wonderful people and our testimonies of the Gospel have grown tremendously. It is time to go back home - to the comforts of Utah.

Our landlord has informed us that they want to move into the house we are renting in March. That is our time frame. March really isn't that far away. For the past few months Kev has been looking within AMEX for a new job in SLC. Nothing had come up, and I mean literally nothing, until a few weeks ago. Now jobs keep popping up every couple of days - not that he is qualified for all of them. He has found a few that he is going to apply for this week. Any prayers you could send our way would be appreciated.

That means that it is real. The change is really coming. I am not sure how I feel. I am happy to go home, but sad to leave Australia. We are now just waiting. Waiting to see what the Lord has in store for us. What path we are going to be led down this time. I am not good at waiting. I am trying, but I am not good at waiting.

5 comments:

Janae said...

I hear ya. I am not good at waiting either. It makes you feel uneasy and not quite right. We will be praying that the right thing happens and you can move home soon!

Deb said...

I'm right there with you. I hate not being completely in control of what is happening - makes me onery! I will be praying that something comes up for you, can't wait to do lunch!

Luvnbnamom said...

Oh we will for sure be praying that he will find something soon! I am going to start looking for you a good deal in our neighborhood! ;) lol Karla and I would LOVE for you to live by us...not to mention the fact that Brooklyn would be so happy she wouldnt know what to do with herself!! lol We will just be so Happy to have you guys back home where you belong! Weve missed you guys so much!

mintifresh said...

That time has flown! I'm glad you can come back now but it's so hard to leave what you have come to love! What an amazing adventure you guys have had! Waiting totally sucks!

kseal said...

Too funny. I could have written this exact same post. Even when you know change will be good for your family, it still means *dealing* with change. That's a lot of work. It also gives me that weird "new year's eve" feeling of leaving memories behind that you'll never relive. It's hard to feel the joy of onward and upward when the Lord really has been good to you already. Good luck!