Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I WAS BAD....

...last night I did something I knew I shouldn't.
Kev told me I was crazy and it would make me sad.
I was just curious so I went ahead and looked at houses for sale in Salt Lake County.
It did make me a little sad when I found one for a killer deal on a short sale.
What I really wanted to know was can we afford the house we want?
Everyone keeps telling me that house prices are cheap.
I wanted to see for myself.
THEY ARE!!!
I could not believe it.
The houses we were looking at we wouldn't have even considered three years ago.
Now all we need is a job offer.
I guess that is important isn't it?
Kev told me I am getting "trunky."
Maybe he is right.
I say I just want to see my mountains again and plant a garden.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Short sales take forever to go through, if that's any consolation. Hope the job offer comes soon, and that it is what you want.

Janae said...

Yeah they do take a long time. Ours was a short sale but we were lucky it was a quick one. It has been on the market for a year and the bank was so ready to get rid of it.

You will find the right house when you get home.

We have been praying for you guys!

Luvnbnamom said...

Yes...Short sales are great but they do take forever, you would be smart to make offers on some now. Most investors make offers sight unseen because once the bank finally accepts them, yo can turn it down. Infact most people make offers on 8-10 shortsales at a time. for an example My Dad made an offer on his old house in Draper back in August (30,000 less then he sold it for 5 years ago) He just barley found out yesterday that the Bank accepted his offer!) My brother Chris is looking at some too...Yay!! Thats right, hes finally going to be moving out!!! Got preapproved and has a down payment and everything!! wHOOOHOOo!!! Anyways, if a short sale is something your intrested, definitly consider looking now, even from over there! P.S New builds are super cheap right now too because they have to compete with all the shortsales. Our neighborhood only has 4 lots left, they have been building again like crazy just because its soooo cheap!

Suzi said...

ooh! post the link and let us see it

Cindy Staley said...

Sorry Stace! I know it must be so hard! Praying you guys get a job here soon, would love to hang out again! Love you!

Donald said...

Stacey we have been bad too...

We have been praying that Kevin doesn't get a job so you have to be in charge of primary FOREVER!!

OOPS!

If you guys stay you can keep the battery recharger... and the falcon!