Monday, July 14, 2008

DREAMWORLD...



...okay, so it is no Disneyland - but then there is nothing like Disneyland anyway - it was a great amusement park! The only downside we found is that the rides are too short - they need to be longer. You wait to get on and the ride starts and it is over just like that. The kids had a blast and it was fun to see them get so excited when they realized they were tall enough to ride most of the rides in Nickelodeon world.


Our first stop of course was WIGGLE WORLD!!
Cooper met his favorite wiggle friend Wags the dog!


Madi met Dorothy the Dinosaur - her favorite!


We got to ride in the "big red car" and the tea cups (can't remember what they are called)


Then we spent a lot of time in Nickelodeon World.

Madi rode the Runaway Raptor ride three times and wanted so badly to be on the front row. When I went with her the first time we were three rows back (Kev got some great pics), then when she went back with Kev and Cooper the second time they were on the second row and Madi was on the first row - she was so excited and loved it.




The other ride we got pictures of was the "Sponge Bob Flypants" ride. Kev was a bit big - but since I don't do spinny rides he was the one to go with the kids.

We did have some trauma when Madi, Cooper, and I went to ride on the bumper cars. Cooper had to ride with an adult but Madi was tall enough to ride by herself. However, she got stuck the whole time and couldn't get away from the wall. Every time I passed her I would shout encouraging words and one of the girls in charge of the ride kept telling her what to do. They even told everyone to stay away from her car. I could tell she was so frustrated. When the cars stopped I went over to help her out and the tears began to flow. She hated it and it ruined the whole day was basically what she told me as I held her and we walked out. I told her she could ride it again with Kev and she told me that she was never riding bumper cars again - we shall see.

While Kev and the kids were standing in line for some rides and I was trying to get Rylee to take a little nap I walked around the park and checked out the really big kid rides (sad to say Kev didn't get to ride any of them) and I also made it to see the tigers. They were doing a show so I stood there and watched for a bit. They were gorgeous!



Some other random pictures!






GOODBYE DREAM WORLD!

5 comments:

Janae said...

Wow I am glad you got to have such fun at Dream World. Looks like everyone had a blast. Now I REALLY wan to go to Disneyland, thanks Ü
I hope Madi recovered and she tries the bumper cars again someday.

AmyG said...

I loved the bathroom signs. Ryan was looking at them too and when I asked him what kind of signs they were he said that the people looked scared.

Brittney said...

Yes, those bathroom signs are hilarious. This looks like so much fun! The closest thing you can get to Disneyland without it being Disneyland. PLUS - your kids have their whole lives to do Disneyland, and when will they ever get a chance to go to Dreamworld again!? HOW FUN!

sirpa said...

Sounds like a fun trip! We didn't make it Dreamworld when we were there, though. We had two day tickets to two parks and we chose the sea world and the wet 'n wild and we enjoyed them a lot! Our boys are still talking about that trip and saying they want to do it again. Well...they're not the only ones!

sirpa said...

Sounds like a fun trip! We didn't make it Dreamworld when we were there, though. We had two day tickets to two parks and we chose the sea world and the wet 'n wild and we enjoyed them a lot! Our boys are still talking about that trip and saying they want to do it again. Well...they're not the only ones!