Wednesday, July 16, 2008

LAST DAY...

We had until 11:30 when our shuttle came to take us to the airport so we got up early and got ready to spend the morning at the beach. I took the older kids while Kev and Rylee went to take the rental back. I thought it was a bit cold to get in the water but that didn't stop the rest of my family. It was a beautiful morning and we spent a couple of hours at the beach before heading back to the hotel for the last time to shower and finish packing. We got to the airport a couple of hours before our flight and soon after found out that it had been delayed about 40 minutes. What were we going to do to entertain our children in a very small airport for that long? We got some lunch, I finally got Rylee to go to sleep, and the kids had plenty of stuff in their backpacks. But we were happy to get on the airplane and fly home.

One the way home on the train we ran into some pilgrims flocking to Sydney for World Youth Day who had gotten on the wrong train - good thing Kev knows a bit about the train system and helped them to figure out where to go. Then we met Lisha again at the train station who took us home! Although we had a great trip it is always nice to get home and sleep in my bed and have all my familiar things around me. Can't wait for the next trip - wonder where that will be?

5 comments:

Cindy Staley said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I think it's cool you can say you;ve been to Sea World in Australia, even if it's not as big as San Diego! I love the pictures of Cooper crying, poor kid! Thanks for sharing!

Gardner said...

You guys aren't missing the states at all. Looks like you guys are having a blast. I can't believe how grown up your children are now. Rylee looks just Madi.

Madi - You are so beautiful
Cooper - What good lookin boy you are.
Rylee - you are a cutie putie.

Mari said...

What a funpacked holiday you had. Thanks for sharing it!

Carli said...

That was a wonderful record of your trip Stacy - I'm sure Madi, Cooper and Rylee will appreciate your attention for detail and photo taking so they can remember these precious memories in the future.

Oaklee said...

I love all of your adventures and if you want to see me,and brooklyns blog go on to my moms and it will have cool girl on the block and little miss sunshine ok so try to comment on our stuff!