Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Snow in Sydney?

So many of you have asked me about it snowing in Sydney for the first time in 100 years. I finally got a chance to look it up. On Monday a storm definately moved into the city and what looked like snow did fall in a few suburbs of Sydney to the west - not where we live unfortnately. Sleet fell in the Blue Mountains, but they say that in the cities it was actually just hail. I did find this picture of it though - I would have thought it was snow too. However, it wasn't much and I thought it was funny in one report I read that some of the roads were closed. They were warning people to be careful on icy roads. Can you imagine you have never seen snow before and you have no idea how to drive in it? CRAZY!!!

1 comment:

sirpa said...

I can imagine that they'd be shocked to drive on the snow but what I can't understand is why that happens also in England where snow is actually not that uncommon. Nevertheless, the traffic just gets jammed there even in a little sight of snow. How very odd...I actually did meat people in Oz that had never seen snow in their lives! I was excited on the fact that we didn't have to change tires on the car twice a year. Do you do that in Utah?