Saturday, August 16, 2008

ARE WE CRAZY?

Last night we had all of these little girls at our house for a pajama birthday party. It was loud and hyper and fun!!! Each time another girl would arrive they would all start screaming. Several times the moms would say they could hear them all the way outside. Madi wanted pizza for dinner so that is what we ate. We played games like popcorn (I hit a bread pan with a wooden spoon and got faster and faster as the girls jumped each time I hit the pan), musical blankets, and of course pass the parcel. At the end we put in a movie and had treats. Here is my attempt at the castle cake Madi wanted. I didn't think it would be that hard - I was wrong. I got the wrong ice cream cones and it was too late to go and get others so they are a little tipsy. I guess it didn't really matter to the girls - they all thought it was the "coolest cake ever!" Madi told me, "It's good enough mom!" - still not sure exactly what that means. On Madi's actual birthday we had a nice quite dinner of her choice - kabobs and "curly" noodles. With a simple chocolate cake bought from the store. She also was so excited to finally get her doll house as well as her presents from her brother and sister.Let me tell you about this doll house. In July they do all their big toy sales here and give deep discounts. So I had been waiting for this doll house to go on sale. I ordered one early to make sure I got one, and then waited. Then one day we went to Target towards the end of the sale, and there was one there with a sign that said it was half the sale price because it was the display. There were a few pieces of furniture that were broken, but nothing a little wood glue wouldn't solve, so it became ours. The original doll house was $140.00 and it was on sale for $99.00, we got it for $49 - what a savings!!! Probably more than I would have paid in the States, but a huge deal for here!!! However, it was already put together and it was for Madi's birthday - remember we were all at the shops, including Madi. We told her that it was for her birthday but she had to wait until then to get it - mean huh? She had to wait an entire week - a week of torture I can assure you. The problem still remained, how were we going to get it home? We had to put it across the top of the seats in the van. Rylee was underneath it and Cooper and Madi had to push it so it wouldn't run into their faces in the back seat, while Kevin and I held on to it from the front seat. We made it home in one piece and had a very happy girl when she woke up on her birthday and found it in her room all set up and ready for her to play with when she got home from school.

11 comments:

Janae said...

yeah probably, but it looks like she had fun. What an awesome dollhouse!

Luvnbnamom said...

She looks liek she had a great Birthday! I think the cake looks great! You are creative!

Lisha said...

Well done guys it looks like the girls had lots of fun....they didn't sleep over did they?? The cake is great a real fairy tale castle and Madi certainly looks happy.

Stacy said...

Nope Lisha no sleeping over - I draw the line to my craziness there. They just got to stay up late in their pjs and then go home all wired up!

Neverland Scraps said...

Wow that's really cool about the doll house!! Love that awesome find--that's what its all about!!

I can't believe you had all those girls spending the night!! I just had four girls (mine plus two more) and it was exhausting!

That did sound like one great party!! Well done mom, that cake was beautiful!!

Mari said...

What a fun looking party! The cake looked gorgeous and I think you did a great job on it!

Neverland Scraps said...

Oops, I just read that they didn't spend the night---okay, and here I thought I was being stingy by telling my daughter she could only have two girls over!! So glad you cleared that one up!

Even still---great party mom!!

Shari said...

I am getting tired just looking at all those little faces. What a great, nice mom you are. The cake is adorable. It has it's own character and the dollhouse is too cute.

Krista S said...

That dollhouse is so cute. I want to get Shelby one someday but not till she is old enough to take care of it and appreciate it:)! Did I tell you I have a blog? If not, it's kennyandkrista.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

If they had slept over, I would have said "Yes, YOU ARE CRAZY!" But, since they didn't you are probably just borderline crazy. ;P

The doll house looks great. What a steal!

Bess said...

You are a brave woman.
I love the popcorn game idea. I am going to have to try it out with the kids some time.
Decorating a cake is so much harder than it looks. I think you did a great job.