Sunday, August 31, 2008

I can't believe it!

I am not sure if any of you know this but our kids are not the type of kids that fall asleep anywhere but their beds. Stacy and I have have even joked before at some of these TV commercials that show kids falling asleep on the floor or in front of the TV. The only way that has ever happened to us was when our kids were sick. Well that was until yesterday...

It was a busy Saturday. I had gotten up early and gone to the temple to assist our stake (It was a Stake temple weekend and they had a goal to get over 1,000 endowments done). After I got home Stace ran off with Madz and Coop to a primary activity, which left Rylez and me at home.

I decided to clean the house as Stace was going to try and come back and rush off to the temple (time permitting). Rylee did a great job of just following me around while I was cleaning and jabbering to me as if we were having a deep conversation.

After a while she decided to take her book and go sit in one of her favorite chairs (the banana chair) and look out the back window. I was vacuuming the floors and she was still there when I finished. She was just looking out the window and rocking the chair. I started mopping and when I finished with the front of the house I got to the kitchen and noticed the rocking had got a little slower. I sat there watching and all of a sudden her head dropped to the side and the book fell into her lap. I couldn't believe that she had fallen asleep, again that is not normal for our kids!!!!!

Of course, I couldn't resist so I grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots. Don't worry, after I took the shots I tilted the chair back and put her in a comfortable position!

Kids! Aren't they cute! Gotta love 'em!


3 comments:

Janae said...

I love that last picture. It is so cute! We have had a few fall asleep in other places, and it is quite funny. It usually when they are with Travis....weird. Anyway thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That is so cute. I'd like a good nap in a banan chair too.

sirpa said...

Awww, that is so cute. Our kids are pretty good at falling asleep just anywhere if they're tired and their parents don't have the sense to put them to bed.