Friday, August 22, 2008

Grandparent's Day :(

I felt so bad for Madi yesterday. It was grandparent's day at school and obviously her grandparents couldn't make the trip. She understand why, but it was still hard for her and she told me that she was a little sad when all her friends, but five others who also don't have grandparents close, got to show their grandparents the classroom. She and the others had to sit down and write letters to their grandparents instead. Just another sad moment when it comes to living far away. She was over it pretty quickly though so it must have not been too traumatic. She was excited to go to school today because it was mufti day - normal clothes!

However, next week Cooper has granparents day at his school - he wants to take a picture with him to show everyone his grandparents.

This is a picture of her fairy house she and a friend made last week. Cute huh. I got the idea from a scrappin' friend of mine who did a layout of her daughter's fairy house. So when Madi had a friend over and they were looking for something to do I told them to go and make a fairy house and they could use anything outside they found. Good thing that hole is still in the flowerbed from the birthday treasure hunt. It is still there waiting for fairies to inhabit it!

2 comments:

sirpa said...

Speaking of granparents...Adiel used to keep wondering how is it possible that my mother is still living (wow, she must be really old mum) and I kept amusing myself with the look on his face when I told him, that even MY grandmother is still living...imagine that!

Luvnbnamom said...

Oh poor madz and coop! I wonder if we have a harder time then they do sometimes. Last year's grandparents day My kids didnt have a grandparent either, and I know I felt so sad. I dont know if it bothered them as much as it did me, but I was really sad! lol