Friday, July 31, 2009

VISITORS!!!

It is so nice to have familiar faces from home here in Australia. We have visitors for the next month. It is fun to play tour guide, but exhausting too. Strange to think that I have lived here long enough to play tour guide.
Dera and Mark went up to Cairns this week so Mark could scuba the Great Barrier Reef.
Before they left we saw another icon of Australia.

Of course they had to try Vegemite. I don't like it much either - I think it is an acquired taste.

Went to Manly Beach. This little girl wasn't supposed to get wet - of course she did. This time I was well prepared and had extra clothes for all the kids.
We rode the ferry over to Circular Quay. This view never gets old.

We spent a day in the Botanical Gardens. The day was perfect not a cloud in the sky. We had a picnic and walked around.
We did something we have never done before - fed the cockatoos all our lunch scraps.
Had to show Mark the bats in the trees. We learned more about them as well. There are over 2200 bats living in Palm Gardens at the Royal Botanical Gardens. They are destroying the trees they roost in. They have been given permission to use non-lethal ways to discourage the bats from roosting there. I don't think it is working.

2 comments:

Janae said...

I am glad you guys are having so much fun!

sirpa said...

Oh how I miss Sydney! Aaah, Manly beach! So many great memories from there. The first beach we visited in Sydney since it was located so close to my job. Oh the memories, the memories. My year in Oz was probably the happiest year in my life so far!