Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Worldly Things...

"Sorry this has taken me so long to post mum!!!"

For those of you who are not my mother, which should be most of you, I will explain what this is.

Since I have a job where I get a chance to meet people or talk to people from all over the world (or have travelled to various places in the world) I decided a while ago to start collecting worldly things from as many countries that I can.

My parents recently came to visit us and brought me some things that I bought from some of the countries that I had visited so that I could add them to my collection.

My collection sits at my desk at work. My mum asked if I could post pictures of all the little things I have collected so for. I will put the person's first name and last initial to give them credit for those that I received from other people (Thank you all!). And yes, I do offer to pay for every one of these things (even though most won't let me pay even though they are only a couple dollars). So if any of you ever visit a country that I do not have please pick me up something small (even better if it has the country name on it or is obvious what country it came from) and I will pay for it.

Shelf #1

  • Dragon (Silvia - Salt Lake City): OK, this is probably the weirdest one in my collection because others wouldn't think of Salt Lake if they saw it. This was actually the first thing that kick started this collection. I received this as a gift from a coworker who was having problems with their computer. I helped her understand her issues and she gave me this with a card that said, "Thank you for helping me over come my dragon!"
  • Black Drum Pencil Holder (Sridhar - India)
  • Japan Flag (Me - Japan)
  • Burg-al-arab Dubai Hotel (Gopi K. - U.A.E)
  • Taj Mahal (Neel V. - India)
  • Chinese Vest Phone Charm and chopsticks (Rebecca M. - Hong Kong)
  • Elephant Wall Hanging (Aloma K. - Thailand)
  • Chinese buddah necklace (Ching X. - China)
  • Blue Jingle Hand Balls (Me - China)
  • Big Ben & Tower Bridge Pencil Sharpeners (Me - England)
  • Blue Plate (Jaime H. - Sweden)
  • Eiffel Tower (Jeremy J. - France)
  • "No Kangaroos in Austria" Magnet (Eric F. - Austria)

Shelf #2

  • N.Y.P.D. Mug (David R. - New York, New York)
  • Painted Mazatlan Candle (Terry M. - Mexico)
  • Santorini Church Penci Sharpener (Eric F. - Greece)
  • Wooden Turtle (Nick I. - Samoa)
  • Bierstein (Eric F. - Croatia)
  • "Castle Cup" (Krishna T. - Germany)
  • Stone Elephant (Krishna T. - India)
  • Kangaroo Clock (Me - Australia)

Shelf #3


  • Small Wooden Box (Ching X. - China)
  • Jeepney Truck (Melanie B. - Philippines)
  • Wooden "Eternity" Spiral (Me - New Zealand)
  • Status of Christ the Redeemer (Me - Brazil)
  • Coke Bottle & Magnet (My Mom and Brother - Atlanta, Georgia)
  • Surf Board Necklance (Aaron R. - Bali Indonesia)
  • Cactus Sand Globe (Marcel L. - Phoenix, Arizona)
  • Row of Three Elephants (Sandesh S. - India)
  • Opera House (Me - Sydney)
  • Fish and Coral Reef (Me - Cairns "Great Barrier Reef" Australia)


3 comments:

Janae said...

I had no idea Kevin. I am going to find something for you from Russia. I am sure I have something to add to your collection! What a fun idea!

Deb said...

Wow! That is quite a collection! I am going to the Dominican Republic this fall...I'll be sure to pick up something for you...but you have to come to SL to get it!

Kevin said...

Sounds great! I am excited already. Deb, as for coming to SL the plan is next year so we will do that.