Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DARN GOOGLE READER

I have to admit that I have a love hate relationship with Google reader at this point.

Loves:
1. I was having a hard time keeping up with all my friends blogs. Some people update daily, some monthly, some yearly. Now I don't have to click on their links anymore to see who has updated recently. Google does all the work
2. Order, order, order. I love anything that organizes my life.
3. It's so easy. I need a little simplicity in my life.

Hates:
1. NO ONE LEAVES COMMENT ANY MORE!!!! I guess I should feel special if someone leaves me a comment. That means that they actually clicked on my link and did an extra step to leave me a comment. I am just as bad. I don't leave comments much any more either. Bad Stacy! Bad Stacy!
2. I wish that I could put the links on of those who have gone private. I always forget to look at their blogs.
3. NO ONE LEAVES COMMENTS!!! This is really my biggest complaint about google reader. The organization has made it harder for us to take that extra step to leave comments on each others lives. I admit it I love to hear what you are all thinking. It makes me realize that people out there care about what I am doing and thinking.

Maybe you are all just trying to tell me something....

I am going to try harder to take that extra step and leave more comments. I am not a lazy friend. I want to be a true friend and leave you all some love. If I start slacking off again let me know. I can take it!

12 comments:

Deb said...

Ok, Ok, I get it (You should work on being subtle)! I stalk your blog frequently, but rarely leave a comment. I will try to do better.

Janae said...

I couldn't agree more. Although the real reasons I don't leave comments is because I am usually feeding the baby. Typing is hard to do one handed.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

It's not just Google Reader. It's any RSS feed. I read your blog in my Outlook email. Sometimes I get a lot of comments. Sometimes I go through dry spells.

Kate said...

Hello, here's a comment!

mintifresh said...

Yeah, The comment thing drives me nuts, too! I know people are reading it but I looooove validation so I thrive on those comments. I did a post the other day and only got 1 comment! I wanted to say, "was it that bad???" Oh well. I do try to leave comments every where I go. Just marking my territory one blog at a time! haha

Unknown said...

Comment! :D

Heather said...

I know what you mean. I was just reading my cousin's blog and she had a ton of comments-but she had to announce that she was pregnant to get that many! Since I won't be doing that again I guess I have to get used to the one or two comments that are from the same one or two people!

BTW-I love reading your blog regularly! Keep it up!

Luvnbnamom said...

I agree! google reader is or the birds! lol I LOVE your blog! As soon as its updated you can be sure Ive read it! I have got to be better at leaving comments too!

Cindy Staley said...

I'm one of those people too that I don't make many comments, I'll try to do better, Thanks for your comments on my blog. My biggest pieve too is that it doesn't show the updates on the private blogs! I think we should start a petition! :-)

Melissa Giles said...

I read you blog all the time. I find myself wishing our families had grown up living closer because you guys are cool and I want to know all of you better. Reading your blogs has helped. I know how it feels not to get comments though. I just wrote like two post and neither of them got any comments. I'll try to do better for you.

sirpa said...

Oh stop winging Stace! You've had plenty of comments on your posts! Or were they all added after your rebuke?

kseal said...

Thanks to Google Reader, I read your blog all the time. And you're right, I'm completely too lazy to make the extra clicks to "Comment World". I love to read your adventures and am taking notes. My husband's brothers are planning a fishing trip out your way this fall. One served a mission in Melbourne, but the others have no idea what's in store. Pretty exciting! xoxo