Tuesday, August 4, 2009

LIFE GOES ON

Even though we have company here we still have to go to school and work. It has been a bit tough to keep up with home readers and spelling words, but we are managing. Bed time seems to get pushed back a bit - as does dinner time. I think I am going to need a week off after all our company comes to recoup and really clean my house.
I feel bad that I completely forgot to blog about this. With Madi's surgery and getting ready for people to come it got overlooked. The last week of last term Cooper got the student of the week award!!! We were so proud of him. His teacher said that she had the kids in her class tell her who they thought the student of the week should be before she decided. Cooper was the only one who didn't say himself. What a sweet kid. He is a hard worker in school and has made so many friends. He is always thinking about those around him and we are so proud of him!!!Last week the kids had school athletics carnival. The kids are in the house of Sturt and their house colors are yellow. Hep, just like Harry Potter they are divided into houses. They did house cheers and cheered for the other members of their house. This was the first year that Madi had to run in the 100 m race. She was up on top of the hill in the upper oval and Cooper was down below with the little kiddies. Unfortunately I was up on the upper oval waiting for Madi to run when I decided to walk and see if Cooper was up yet. I got to a place where I could see the bottom oval from the top of the hill just to see Cooper come in 2nd place in his race. No pictures, but at least I saw it!!! He was so happy. I saw him pump both arms in the air and yell YES!!! I did get a picture later of him sitting and waiting - doesn't he look so grown up sitting there? (He is wearing the green hat and yellow hoodie on the front row)

Rylee played on the equipment - lucky girl! Although the equipment at the kid's school isn't made for toddlers and there were a few "tricky" spots.
Madi was not very happy about running. It just "isn't her thing." I told her to try her hardest and she would be fine. We can't be good at everything right? How did she do? Well she didn't come in last and that was fine with her. She cracks me up! She actually didn't really want to run and was hoping the doctor would tell her that she couldn't - no such luck. He did tell her that she wouldn't have as much energy though. I thought she had enough - but what do I know?
Speaking of Madi. People have asked me how she is doing post surgery. Fabulous!! The doctor was amazed by how little pain meds she used. I told him that she said it felt just like a sore throat and it wasn't a big deal. He said that she probably always had a small sore throat and also probably had more tonsillitis than we had originally thought - she was just tough. After lots and lots of popsicles and jelly, many movies, lots of sitting on the floor playing with pet shops and polly pockets, she is fine. She even got to sleep on a mattress on her floor so she won't have to climb up into her bed. The doctor said that her tonsil beds should have healed more by now, but her tonsils were so big and deep that he isn't too surprised. Give her a few more week and you won't even know that she had surgery.

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

Looking at the awesome picture of Madi running, it certainly looks like she is enjoying herself! I am glad she is doing well. What a tough kid!

Congrats, Cooper! Sounds like the award went to the right person for sure!

Jones Fam said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Thanks for keeping up the posts and we look forward to seeing you again!