Monday, August 24, 2009

FAVORITE MEMORIES

The last few months have been a blur. It all started with Kevin's parents coming for a visit and just ended a few months later with my sister and her family coming. I knew that it would make the time go faster, but didn't realize just how fast it would go. August is nearly over!

I want to remember some of the things we did. Here is my top 10 list!

10. Dera trying to capture the sound of the kookabura on her video camera. Every time she got it out they would stop singing. It was pretty funny!
9. Watching everyone eat Vegemite for the first time - priceless!
8. Watching Dera's collection of sea shells grow and accumulate. She did kill a poor crab when boiling her shells.
7. The possum I killed on the way home from Wiseman's Ferry. Kev saw it skid across the road, since he was behind us on his scooter. I guess I am a killer like Dera - remember the crab (#8)
6. Madi's surgery = one stressed out mama bear.
5. Getting tagged on the train. Brandon and I accidentally rubbed up against some fresh paint on the train. Darn taggers! Those were my good pants!
4. Meeting the Barrs and going to the Central Coast - Australia is a beautiful place!
3. Seeing Cairns, The Great Barrier Reef, and parasailing with Madi - still think I am crazy because of that one. It was special to do those things with John and Susan.
2. Staying up late and laughing until the tears began to flow. It was so much fun to spend time with my sisters.
1. Madi's baptism - she was so happy and the Spirit was definitely with her. Plus watching the DVD our families made for Madi on her baptism. It was nice to feel the love our family has for us, and feel their presence on her special day.

2 comments:

Dera said...

Thank goodness for you tube, at least I can listen to the kookaburras whenever I need my fix. I love those birds, I wish I could have one as a pet.

mintifresh said...

You have had an amazing summer...or is it winter there? Oh, I don't know! You've been busy with adventure!