Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Madi's assembly at school last week...

Madi had an assembly last week and her class was in charge. She had been so excited for weeks because they learned a new, fun song. She wouldn't even sing it for us because she didn't want to ruin the surprise. So the day arrived and Rylee, Cooper, and I headed to school to see her. Madi got to introduce the song and she did so well reading her part. Then we finally got the hear the entire song (I had heard bits and pieces of it because she would sing it around the house when she didn't think anyone was listening). I just had to find the lyrics for you to see how fun it was. Her teacher told me that when she played the song for the kids in class Madi was so serious and she thought "Oh no! She hates it and she is worried about singing it!" So she asked the kids what they thought and Madi said, "I LOVE IT!!!" Apparently she had just been listening really hard to all of the words.
You ought to see what they did to my mummy
Pulled his organs out of his tummy,
Wrapped him in spice, put 'em in a jar,
Painted him up in sticky tar.
Wrapped him in linen from his head to his toes
Pulled his brain out of his nose
That's not all the ambalmers did,
They buried my mummy in a pyramid.
CHORUS:
Ancient Egypt
Down by the Nile,
Mummy's gonna be in a tomb for awhile.
Far go, Pharoah
It's not funny,
Tell King Tut I want my mummy!
Buried in a coffin made out of gold,
Down in a tomb that's dark and cold.
Jewels adn treasures he'll never see,
Cayse he's half the mummy he used to be.
Dead as a doornail, blind as a bat,
With a mummified dog and a mummified cat.
Don't ask me what my Daddy thinks
Cause his chariots parked at the local spinnx
CHORUS:
Some fellow with tools and a torch to see,
Were doing some archaeology.
They saw a glimmer,
They dug some more.
Couldn't believe the treasures they saw.
Ancient paintings,
Priceless jewels.
They gave a shout and dropped their tools.
But the greatest treasure they found by far,
Was a wrinkled old mummy with it's guts in a jar.
CHORUS:
Tell King Tut I want my mummy!
Tell King Tut I want my mummy!


Sorry, the video isn't very good. I was trying to keep Rylee from crawling down the row of kids sitting quietly listening and trying to keep Cooper from pulling her by her dress to get her to come back. I had to record the performance because Kev couldn't be there and Madi said it was okay if we recorded it and then daddy could watch it later. There are times like this when I wish I had a video camera - but there aren't enough of them to make me spend the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, i remember doing that same song in primary school (1992ish)it's great to see it still gets used. great memories that. I was one of the archeologists digging up the jewels and the jar of guts... oh how time flies.