Friday, September 5, 2008

Life happens...

This week has been a bit crazy - but fun. We have had a lot to do so I will share some of the highlights.
Monday was a gorgeous spring-like day. We had a playdate after school at the park and then came home and had an iceblock (popsicle). Rylee's first! She was so funny. She couldn't figure out at first how to just hold it by the stick so she would grab it with both hands and then scream and cry because it was so cold. Eventually she figured it out.
We also had a great FHE. There has been a lot of arguing around our house lately - not between Kevin and I, in case you were worried about us. The kids argue about everything and argue with me when I tell them something they don't like- it is driving me crazy. So I came up with a good idea - well at least I think it is a good idea. Instead of focusing on the bad we are going to focus on the good. We made a praise box for FHE and talked about choices we make! All through the week you can write on a piece of paper about something done well and put it in the box. It has been fun so far to see the kids get excited and say, "Mom, I have something to put in the box!" We are going to read them all on Monday at FHE. I think we will continue this box for a while. The arguing has actually lessened and I think it will be fun to see what is in the box. Tuesday was grandparents day at Cooper's school. He wasn't phased by it at all - no worries! It probably helped that I got to help out at school for the day.

Wednesday Madi's class was in charge of the school assembly. They sang a few rap songs - here is a video of one of those songs. So cute!!! Madi is in the second row. The kid in front of Madi just couldn't hold still through the whole presentation.


After Monday and Tuesday being perfect spring days winter has come back with full force. It has been cold and rainy. Good thing we finally figured out that our house does have a heating system which runs through the air conditioning system. We are a little slow! It would have been nice if they would have given us a bit more information about this house when we moved in.

Last, but not least, the kids have been making a list. In a month Rylee and I are flying back home to Utah for a three week trip. The kids are staying here with Kev who will work from home and keep the ship from sinking. Hopefully! Madi and Cooper have been making a list of things to do while I am away. Now that Madi can write she makes lists of everything. I just had to share it with you...



One day this was our conversation:


Madi: "Mom, can you go to Utah tomorrow?"


me: "No, I'm not going for a little while, why?"


Madi: "Well I want you to go tomorrow so we can start on our list!"


me" "Don't you want me to stay here?"


Madi: "Yes, but we have so many fun things to do on our list, like go to the beach and have a pillow fight. I can't wait until you go!"



What am I chopped liver?!

5 comments:

Lisha said...

A praise box, what a great idea to take the focus away from the negative. Kids are so funny, don't worry they'll miss you crazily, I think Kevin will too! Me too!

Janae said...

I think I am going to have that rap song in my head all day. I loved Madi's list. It looks like they are going to have a blast!

Mari said...

Love the idea of the praise box!!

Oaklee said...

I love the conversation but what is this your coming to utah if you are please bring madi me and brooklyn miss her very much our you sraying here at our house you can answer these questions by posting a comment on my blog please I need to see her and I have no comments HA HA HA!

mintifresh said...

The praise box is an awesome idea! I'm going to do it tonight!