Saturday, March 7, 2009

Madz, Dadz, and the Possum

I will spare you all from putting a picture with this post but thought that I just had to write about my funny conversation with Madz.

On Saturday morning I usually go and play basketball with the fellas at the church. Sometimes, if the kids are up, they will go with me and play at the church while I play ball. Today Madz was up and asked if she could go with me. Well, while we are driving out of our subdivision I spotted some nice possum road kill on the side of the road that must have happened during the night. This was the conversation.

(K) It looks a possum got hit by a car in the middle of the night.
(M) Where? I can't see it.
[I stopped the car so she could unbuckle and stand up]
(M) That's too bad, he almost made it to the other side.
(K) Yea, I don't know what he was thinking?
(M) That's just it dad, he wasn't thinking. If he was thinking he would have jumped to the middle of the car or the left of the car as it went by. But it went right over him.
(K) [Laughing] Yea, maybe he should have stopped and looked both ways before crossing.
(M) That's right. But it is a good thing that he wasn't in the city because there are a lot of cars in the city.
(K) [Wondering why it was a good thing since it was laying dead in the road.] Why? How many cars are in the city?
(M) Well, there are like 350 cars in the city.
(K) What, are we in the country? How many cars are out here?
(M) Yea we are. There are only like 50 out here. But it was good that he tried to cross in the morning or at night because there are less cars. Like 5 or 10. But I guess he still didn't make it.
(K) Yea, I guess not.

We love Madz!

Madz wants to say something in addition to this:

(M) I want to say that I was wrong and my mum told me that we actually live in the city. That's all!