Tuesday, March 3, 2009

saying goodbye


A friend of mine had this link on her blog today: http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/
So I went and had a look. I was heart broken and tears filled my eyes as I read the story of this sweet family. I cannot imagine the pain that they are feeling. I know that families are forever, as does this sweet family, we will see our loved ones again. We never know why we have trials in life. The Lord know what we can handle and he knows what is best for us. I also kept thinking about my adorable niece, Claire, who was born with a heart condition. How blessed we were that things have gone so well for her.
I have been touched by the testimonies and the strength of this family. They have grown stronger through this ordeal and have touched my life - even though I have never met them. I just had to share.

3 comments:

Janae said...

I have to say you scared me for a minute! Off to check out that blog. I too feel so bad for those with young children who have to say goodbye at an early age.

Luvnbnamom said...

Ive been following her story too! One of her aunt lives in our ward. My thoughts and prayers are with this family!

The Brown Family said...

Stacy

I have learned so much from watching this family (at the hospital) and following their blog.

It has broken my heart to see the decisions they have had to make. I love that the doctor's, without judgement, allow the family to make decisions for their child. That was also our experience with Kai. I have learned how blessed we were with Kai and the Lord definately was guiding his journey to our family.

Gracie's life is a mystery that only the Lord may understand, but I agree with you that it is great that we have the knowledge of eternal families. The Gledhill's faith will be strengthened because they have this knowledge.

Love
Kim