Saturday, February 20, 2010

BAD, VERY LONG, WEEK

Maybe you are wondering where I have been - maybe you don't miss me that much.
I don't know, but I do know that I have had a very long week.
It actually started a few weeks before - so let's go back to there.
Three, or so, weeks ago I rolled over in bed and heard a LOUD pop!
Nothing hurt right away so I just thought a joint had popped.
That was until a few days later when my chest started hurting - again.
Yep, again!
Remember in October I got inflammation of the cartilage between my ribs and had to spend hours in the ER?
It was back.
No, I didn't go to the doctor - it all felt the same I just assumed.
Well, a few weeks later I started feeling better and decided to ride my elliptical one night.
Big mistake.
As soon as I got off I knew I had over done it.
Crazy thing is I didn't go that hard and I only rode about 30 minutes.
This time the pain was much, much, much worse.
I hardly slept that night as it was too painful.
The next day I took myself to the doctor.
I just wanted to make sure that I was okay and it wasn't something more serious than I had originally thought.
Well, it was nothing different than I had thought.
The doctor thinks that possibly a rib popped in and went back in - thus the popping noise.
The only problem is - THERE IS NOTHING TO BE DONE!
Rest, anti-inflammatories, and a strict order not to pick up Rylee (she is way to heavy).
So I have spent the whole week doing just that.
Lucky for me Kev has also been working from home to help me out!
This means that my house is a mess, the laundry is piling up, and I don't even care.
Not only that, but my computer died on me.
I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY COMPUTER!
There is no connection with the plug.
No, it isn't just the plug - we tried using a different one - same result.
Something is going on inside the computer.
That means I only have battery power.
Kev managed to jimmy rig it one night so that it charged up the battery.
Long enough for me to copy all my photos that were on my computer onto my EHD.
I managed to get everything off - except my primary stuff.
Luckily for me most of my important stuff (scrapbooking stuff that means) is on my EHD.
I am currently using the old lappy - the one Kev got when doing his Master's degree.
It is old, and it is slow, and can barely handle PSE.
It can't even recognize my EHD because it is too big.
That means that during this downtime I can't even scrapbook - UGH!
I know I should have announced a winner for my journal - I am sorry I haven't done it yet, but now you know why.
I am going to make one for all four of you.
You are just going to have to wait until I can fix my computer and get to my scrap supplies.
Possible get a new lappy!
Good thing for that bonus Kev just got - it may be put to good use!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I miss your posts when you are gone too long. Sorry you are having a bad week. Hope you get better soon. It stinks to have everything go wrong all at the same time.

Lisha said...

Sorry you're not feeling so great, let me know if you need anything.

Cindy Staley said...

Sorry to hear about your ribs and your computer!!! Hope you are feeling better!!