Monday, February 22, 2010

OUR LUCK CONTIUES...

...or maybe not so much.
Saturday the Stake had an activity at the beach.
I was a bit worried about going as my chest still hurts and Rylee has a bit of a cold.
I went anyway, knowing that I wouldn't get in the ocean because the waves would hurt.
We had a good time.
Madi and Antoi had a fabulous time playing in the waves, exploring the swimming pool with their goggles on to see the fish swimming around, and digging in the sand.
Rylee wouldn't get in the ocean again.
I am not sure what happened to her, but she will not get in, or even close, to the "big waves."
Cooper entertained himself and kept cracking me up as he filled up cups with sand and offered icecream cones to everyone.
All was going well for several hours.
It was a warm, sunny day perfect for the beach.
The bishop had his canoe there and Kev wanted to give it a try.
Bishop Nel took him out and held the back to help him get stabilized.
I watched for the first few attempts and took some pictures before taking Rylee and Cooper back over to the swimming pool.
It's harder than it looks.
While we were gone came the injury.
Kev apparently kicked the paddle and sliced open his foot.
It was in the strangest place - right between toes two and three.
When I got back to our spot on the beach he was sitting down with the first aid kit under his foot all bandaged up.
The Bishop had gone up to our car to get the first aid kit.
Let me tell you something interesting about said first aid kit.
It is typically in the car and we have used it often, but hasn't been in there for months.
Right before we headed to the beach Kev grabbed something out of it and thought "I should put this in the car."
Good thing he follows those little promptings.
We decided to take him to the Mona Vale Hospital right down the street from the beach.
I packed everything up and had some help getting it to the car.
Kev walked up and looked down at his foot when he got to the car.
He had opened up the flood gates and lost a ton of blood.
He went back to see the doctor by himself since we weren't all allowed back there.
I told him to take the camera so I could show his mom what trouble he is getting himself into.
Susan these pictures are for you!

Three stitches later he is good as new. A bit sore and wobbling a bit as he walks, but other than that good.

Good thing I went - because I had to drive home. We got home late, hurried with baths, and Kev has to shower with a bag on his foot. He got the bandaging a bit wet so he took it off for a while. I told him I would bandage it up again. Then the power went off.

The bandaging took place by candlelight.

How romantic huh?

2 comments:

Janae said...

I Hope Kevin starts feeling better!

Deb said...

Ouch! Although I am impressed that Kevin can take pictures of the bottom of his foot. Hope it heals quickly.