Tuesday, January 8, 2008

CHRISTMAS AGAIN?!

Santa left Build-A-Bear gift certificates in Madi's and Cooper's stockings. We went there a couple of days later and got one for Cooper, but Madi was holding out for a special puppy that was coming to stores January 4th. While at the store getting Cooper's the kids also wanted some clothes for their "bears". However, the gift certificates only covered a stuffed animal so they had to do extra chores for a week to get a what they wanted. They weeded and helped around the house - I love it when they have to earn extra money!! Then, on the 4th of January I got the kids ready to go and be at the shops by 9:30 (they opened at 9am). They were all buckled in their seats and I still couldn't find the keys. I called Kev, since he had them last, to ask if he knew where they were. For some unknown reason he had picked them up in the morning and put them in his pocket - this makes perfect sense since he rides the train to work right? Anyway, he had meeting until noon and then rushed home (it takes about an hour) so we could venture out to Build-A-Bear. Unfortunately, by the time we got there at 2:00 they were all sold out. The nice lady at the shop told us that they were getting more on Tuesday. So this morning I made a phone call and had them put one on hold for us - didn't want to have a disappointed little girl again - and we rushed to the store. What a happy day. With Cooper's extra money he got a shirt and PJ's both with dinosaurs on them. With Madi's extra money she got a cute pink shirt that says "Aussie girl" on it and some angel wings. So meet the newest additions to our stuffed animal world: coconut (the dino) and lovie (the heart puppy) Then to our surprise this afternoon we got a package! Thanks Dera!! She sent some toys for the kids, some much beloved and missed treats, and a lovely wall hanging! (BTW - do you want some funds for shipping?) Also in the box were some belated Christmas cards, huge candy canes - some broken to pieces, but what can you expect with shipping so far away - and a gorgeous calendar from Janae, thanks!! You guys are awesome!!!

6 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

yeah for build a bear, they look so cute. i didn't know they had dinosaurs, stace you are probably in heaven with him around. they are so cute love have christmas joy more then once a year.

Travis said...

hmm no pics of the "really cool" calender..so either
1- it is really ugly and you don't want anyone to know you own such trash

2-your camera broke and you were not able to capture a picture of that. Although not likely because there are pictures of Rylee taken AFTER this post.

3-It never really got there, Dera just had to have 2 so she took it out and never sent it. She probably took a picture of each month bound it up with ribbon. Hey at least you can use a dry erase marker on the photo.

4-It is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen and you KNEW that I would be swamped with people asking me for one, probably even the ebay lady who probably reads your blog everyday.

I think it is #4, so THANK you for sparing me all the fan mail and stuff. Hope you enjoy it and the days and dates are the same as they are here...they are arn't they? just kidding

Poka Poka (bye bye in Russian)

Travis said...

gee I hope when you read that you were laughing. I find that it is hard to type humor, I never know how I am coming across. It lacks intonation and facial expressions. Maybe I should start taping my blog posts....hmm where did that video camera go?

Stacy said...

Thanks for the humor - yes I was laughing. Of course it is #4. Really, I was putting pictures on the blog and realized that I didn't take a picture of the calendar and was too lazy to get the camera out. It really is cute. In fact, I told Kev that I it is too nice to write stuff on.

Dera said...

We made the temple hanging in Relief Society and most of us have one, but I wanted you to have one too. I knew that if you where here you would have come and made one. I hope you like the treats and sorry the candy canes broke. I don't really know what kind of trains Cooper has, but I probably am not adding to the right collection. Wendy keeps trying to explain it to me and I haven't figured it out yet.

Jones Fam said...

That's hilarious, Kevin! I guess I can say that because I've done the exact same thing before -- not at the expense of Build-a-Bear, but it still caused some grief on the home front :)