Sunday, January 27, 2008

SUNDAY WATER FIGHT




Today was a hot day and the house seemed to soak up most of the heat by the time I had to cook dinner. (which was all American tonight - homemade mac and cheese, lemonade, and Ranch dressing along with veg and bread.) Cooper and I had a little water fight with his water guns while dinner was in the oven, and Madi wanted in on the action when she found out what she missed out on. What started out as a simple squirt gun fight between Cooper and Madi escalated into a full out water fight finding everyone soaked and dripping.

When the water fight started I was giving Rylee a bath and after I finished I took out some cups full of water and Kev took out a squirt bottle. It was the kids against us and it was heaps of fun! After a while the kids ran around to the front yard and I had a brilliant idea. That is where the hose is and today is one of the two days that we are allowed to hand water the lawn and flower beds. By this time Cooper was on my team so we proceeded to spray Madi and Kev just a little bit. Then ran around to the back yard and I continued to water the grass. Madi then came out and said she was on our team against daddy. They were supposed to watch for Kev - but he snuck up on me with two pitchers of water. I was soaked, but I did spray him back pretty good. Once again he left, and the kids were supposed to be on the look out - remember I am watering the lawn and bushes. He came out of the garage, with Cooper oblivious to him approaching, and dowsed me again with two pitchers of water. I got him good with the hose again, but then dropped it and ran as he came up to take it away from me. After this we decided that it was time to quit and get ready for bed.
It was a great way to cool off on a hot day and great family fun!! Cooper had a great time and was laughing as well - usually he hates to be wet, but he has come a long way. We even put on a show for the neighbors who were outside BBQing and laughing at the same time. The second time Kev got me one of our neighbors was walking down the street and was also laughing.
Good times had by all!!

1 comment:

Travis said...

oh it looks like lots of fun! Nothing like a fun waterfight. Today we are having a blizzard, well pretty close!