Monday, January 7, 2008

COLORED EASTER EGGS GAME

When we were kids Sunday afternoon was spent with family. We would watch a little football, play games, read books, do puzzles - basically what ever we could do to keep busy. During the summer we would head out in the back yard to get out our energy - I am sure that my mom got tired of the noise. We would play the normal games like tag, red light/green light, stuck in the mud, and colored Easter eggs. We used to love it and played together for hours, or minutes, depending on the day and the mood of the participants. Kev is convinced that this is a made up game by the Coopers - he has never heard of it before.
Well, I have passed along the game to my children - and they love it too!

To play you need:






one wolf






colored Easter eggs





  • The colored Easter eggs sit on the steps - or designated area - and choose what color they are going to be.
  • The wolf then comes up and knocks on the door. (this is pretend of course) "Knock, knock, knock."
  • "Who's there?" ask the eggs.
  • "The wolf" or "Miss Ballerina Wolf" (if you were Madi last night) answers the wolf.
  • "What do you want?" ask the eggs.
  • "Colored Easter eggs," says the wolf.
  • "What color?" ask the eggs
  • The wolf then proceeds to pick colors to which the eggs reply if that color is there or not. Of course you have to make up something if that colored egg isn't sitting on the steps. Such as, if the wolf asks for yellow and no one has picked that color then you might say, "Yellow is not here right now she is climbing a tree." or "Yellow isn't here right now she is going toilet (bathroom if you are in the States)."
  • However, if the wolf picks the color of one of the colored Easter eggs that egg bolts off the steps and runs around the yard with the wolf in hot pursuit. If the wolf tags the egg then the wolf and egg change spots, if not then the wolf gets another turn.

Here are a few shots from last nights game: 1) Cooper the wolf, 2) Rylee the pink egg, 3) Madi the wolf chasing Cooper the egg, and 4) Madi the Ballerina wolf trying to cheat and hear the colors being picked by the eggs.

8 comments:

Travis said...

I loved playing that game. I'm glad somebody is still playing it.

Travis

Tyler and Sheena said...

I'm a friend of Julie's and checked out your blog. I played that game growing up to. Loved it!

AmyG said...

The game seems familiar to me too, so I am sure I played it sometime during my growing up years.

Brandon and Julie said...

I love that game, it is the best, I think someday my kids will also be playing that game

Dera said...

I had forgotten about that game and I don't think my kids have ever played it. I guess when it warms up and we are at grandma's house we will have to play with all the kids (big and little).

~chelsea~ said...

No, we have not heard of or played that game mom, but it does sound like fun, we'll have to play it some time!!

~chelsea~ said...

No, we have not heard of or played that game mom, but it does sound like fun, we'll have to play it some time!!

Jones Fam said...

We used to play the colored egg game, too. And so did all of our neighbors. Kevin was obviously deprived.