Sunday, November 9, 2008

PRIMARY PROGRAM

Today was the day for the long awaited primary program. Week of practicing with the kids and still not knowing how it was really going to go made me a bit nervous when I woke up this morning. I shouldn't have worried much, it went so well. I had written the program so that we sang the first verse of "I'm a Child of God" first and then I spoke to introduce the theme. I really shouldn't have had the children sing before I spoke. I was crying and full of the Spirit before we even began. The program went well. The kids all did a fantastic job both with their speaking parts and with the music. All in all it was a great program, but I am glad that it is over for another year.

Cooper's part: Because of the temples we can be together forever with our families.
Madi's part: Jesus Christ will come to the earth someday. He lives and we will see him again.

I have to admit that I was overwhelmed with the Spirit during the entire program. I just love Primary. I love the Spirit of Primary. I love the children and their potential. I love to see them gain personal spiritual insights. I love learning from them each and every Sunday. Even on those days when I come home exhausted and overwhelmed I remember that God loves the little children and I am lucky to be in Primary.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this presentation and in Primary every week!! It was beautiful!

The Brown Family said...

Our primary program is tomorrow, too here in EM2nd. I'll post how it goes...

Also, my computer is out of service and getting fixed, but I will answer emails ASAP with Lee's laptop (I'm just taking a quick peek at blogs tonight)

Kim

Suzi said...

Well done Stacy, you did a great job on the presentation and in primary this year. They're really lucky to have you as their pres.

Troy said...

Hi Stacy we just had a primary program today! Here in the old 6th ward. I have a question to ask you.
please send me an email.. alison.eldredge@utah.edu
Thanks
Alison