Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TEMPLE SQUARE

Last week I decided that we should take the kids to see Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. Cooper said that he didn't even remember what Temple Square was. It was a fun afternoon. We went to the Conference Center first and told the tour guide that all we really wanted to do was see inside and go to the roof. He was a good sport and did the shortened tour for us. The kids couldn't believe how big the inside was. Then we walked over to the Salt Lake Temple and climbed one set of steps to the doors. We walked around the Main Street Mall and marveled at the beauty there. I can't believe that people didn't want the Church to make this haven in the city. It is so peaceful and beautiful - all cities need garden areas like that to maintain peace and quiet in the bustle of a city (at least in my opinion). We even took a picture of the kids on the circle stone where Kevin and I stood 10 years ago when we were married in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity. I am amazed how much our family has grown and how much we are blessed.

Next we headed inside to the two visitor centers and watched some Church commercials (I love the feel good commercials that you see on TV here and miss seeing them) and then of course went to the North visitor center to see the Christus Statue - can't miss that. I love the feeling there and the peace and love I feel from my Savior when I am in this room with a giant statue of him. We tried to find Sister Cross from our ward in Australia - although we asked several people we never did find her . She was on the Square somewhere, but we never did run into her. Last, but not least we headed to the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to see the temple all lit up from above. The kids thought it was cool that they were so high up. We also got to see the last glimpse of the sun setting in the West over the mountains.How blessed we are here in Utah with so many temples so close by. While we were driving south down Bangater Highway the other day and pointing out to our kids the two new temples currently being built I was reminded of how amazing this Church really is. It is world wide and the same no matter where you live. The blessings of the temple are a reality now for so many more people across the earth. How blessed I feel to have been married in the temple for time and all eternity. This means that if we make the correct choices we will be together forever not just until death. This means so much to me - more than I can express in words.

No comments: