Saturday, November 1, 2008

A LITTLE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT IN THE LAND OF OZ!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
You put the American in charge of Primary, and what do you get around this time of year? A Halloween party of course. I have to say my counselors were so awesome with this activity. I told them what I had in mind - although they weren't really quite sure of my vision I think - and then said, "but you will have to plan it because I am going to Utah for most of October." They both took the challenge and ran with it. Due to them we had the best party ever!!! I think we may have started something here in the land of Oz!
We started out our night, before heading over to the church, with the traditional Cooper Halloween dinner - sloppy joes!!! My mom always made these for us and we always had to have something healthy before we could go trick or treating. Even as we have all had our own kids she still makes a big batch of sloppy joes and it sits on the stove all night waiting for anyone who wants to eat it. Something healthy with all the candy.
My three little munchkins:
The cowgirl (complete with her pink boots!)The ghost (for the second year in a row)The vampire and her prey

This kills me: I have never seen a whole pumpkin here in Australia, they have half pumpkins for sale all over and people here actually eat pumpkin. Never knew it was good for anything besides carving and putting a candle inside. Anyway, apparently you can find a whole pumpkin, but it is hard to find and very expensive. No $2 pumpkins here - they can go for as much as $20 or more....can you believe that?!

A multitude of Halloween carnival and trunk or treat pictures.
I introduced a cake walk too - I thought it was a universal party game, apparently not.
If you want to see some more pictures from Lisha head over to her blog

5 comments:

Luvnbnamom said...

That is so awesome that you guys got to celebrate Halloween! It looks like it was quite the party! Oaklee and Brooklyn are so excited because Oaklee had the same costume as madi! lol All 3 of your munchkins looked adorable though!

Janae said...

I am so glad you are taking your traditions down under! Love your trunk BTW and the one with all the headstones.

Roxann said...

Stacey, Thanks so much for the drinking chocolate! It was wonderful of you to pack that all the way to Utah for me. Love the photos of the Halloween party. I enlarged some of them to look for people I recognize - there were a few. Mostly love the sunset photo - I do miss those sunsets - the way that even the air becomes colored like the inside of a seashell and everything takes on a rosy glow. BTW, I even miss Aussie pumpkin - I keep looking in the store for the Aussie variety because I loved eating it - pumpkin soup, pumpkin scones, and just plain pumpkin. Delicious! One of these days I'll get your email address off Kirsti and send you something besides blog comments. Just wanted you to know that I check up on you from time to time and wanted to say thanks for the delivery. Love to all, Roxann

sirpa said...

How can you say you never knew pumpkins were good for anything but carving? Pumpkin pies, of course!! They're so yummy, yummy. The best amercan dish ever :-)

People eat pumpkins here too, but don't make pumpkin pies :(

Carli said...

It was a good night - thanks for planning the games, it made it more festive.