Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BIRTHDAY BOY

Every year since Kev was a little boy his family has set up their Christmas tree on his birthday - since we were in Utah Susan decided to do this tradition early and therefore had all her Christmas stuff up well before Thanksgiving. The kids always love to help grandma set up her tree - they like to find the treasures that her ornaments provide. Every ornament seems to have a story and some have even hung on Kev's grandparen'ts tree. I love how Susan gives the grandkids full rein on her tree - she doesn't even move any of the ornaments. I am not that good I always go around after the kids decorate and move things so that it looks good. We celebrated Kev's birthday and I tried really hard to stay awake and watch a movie with him after the kids went to bed, but alas the jet lag got the better of me and I don't even think I made it past the first 15 minutes. Madi picked out the shirt that the kids gave him and he got the game Agricola which we bought in Utah before we left - we got the last avaliable copy of it in the valley I think and it was the store's playing copy so we even got a discount! This game is so much fun. We played it so much with Travis while we were in Utah and decided to add it to our game collection. Happy Birthday Kevy we love you very much!

3 comments:

Janae said...

I am glad he got his own copy!

Luvnbnamom said...

Happy Birthday Kevin! I have got to tell you guys that those new pictures of the kids are sooo cute! we have got to get a copy of them!

Carli said...

Nice T-shirt Kev, hope to see you wearing it at the next ward activity!! (Very appropraite because you ARE always happy!).