Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Utah Fan Am I!

I may be just a couple thousand miles away from my home town but I am still excited for my team to be playing in the Sugar Bowl on January 2nd!


Since we were away for a while in the states it has been a while since our back lawn got mowed. Today was the day that I finally had some time to do it. The front lawn had gotten long again (had time to mow it just after we got back from the states) as well so I had to do it too. One problem was that I missed the last garbage day where they took the green can and mowed the next day. So that means the can was already full. Not a good combination when your lawn is almost a foot tall.


Here is a picture of how bad the back lawn was. Yes, there were a couple of times when the lawn almost ate the mower -- It's not a very powerful one!

You may be wondering why I all of a sudden stopped talking about the Utes (who are going to win Alabama on January 2nd!) and started talking about the lawn. Well, let me tell you.

Being in the land down under and just being recently off a trip back to the US I was having withdrawls of seeing the beautiful Salt Lake mountains and that wonderful U that you can see blazing on the mountain behind the University of Utah. So, being so far away and not being able to see that U, I decided to make one of my own!

The picture didn't turn out as good as I would have liked but it was getting dark by the time I got to this point.

Much to Stacy's chagrin both of the garbage cans managed to get full at the same time that the U got finished (Wonder how that happened?). So I had to stop. So yes, right now if you were to come out to our house on Sunday you would see a big U in our back lawn. I hope all the people flying into the Sydney airport enjoy it this weekend!

Just so you know Stace made me promise that I would finish mowing as soon as possible next week! Those Cougar fans just don't know a good U when they see one!

Go Utes!

4 comments:

sirpa said...

Oh, Kev! You're so funny! You're such a great guy. GO KEV!!!

Deb said...

That is hilarious! Hope that Stace doesn't take matters into her own hands and turn the U into a Y.

Carli said...

What a good idea Kev!

Unknown said...

I love it!!

GO UTES!