Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Cooperism!

I have to get this in now or I am going to forget it. It may not come across as that funny in words though so you have to try and imagine this taking place as I tell you the story.

Last Saturday we stopped at the shops to do some quick shopping on our way home from the fun events (See last Saturday's blog). We were walking through the store and Stace, Madz, and Rylez were all ahead of Cooper and I. Cooper was busy being himself and was trying to hold on to both of my hands while he continued to walk right in front of me. I kept trying to get him to one side or the other, as I kept tripping over him, but he just kept moving right back in front of me. After a couple of trips (literally -- by me) we had this conversation. I said,

"Can't you walk straight? You keep tripping me!"

At this point I let go of his hands and told him I wasn't going to hold his hands anymore.

For a brief moment he was out of my sight as I pushed on trying to catch up to the "GRILLS"!

Then all of a sudden Cooper came walking past me on the side of me (rather quickly might I add), but he wasn't walking normally. He was facing sideways, sidestepping, with his arms stretched out to either side, and he was opening and closing his fingers as he was walking.

So I said, "What are you doing?" to which I got this reply.

"No dad, I can't walk straight! BECAUSE I AM A CRAB!"

I lost it! I just couldn't hold back. It was so out of the blue that it just made me laugh. Thanks for making me laugh Coop!

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I love Cooperisms.