Sunday, January 11, 2009

My First Real Ride...

I want to thank Donald Walker for taking me on my first real 'Ride'! OK, I admit that I don't have the coolest motorbike in the world, with it being a 150cc scooter and all, but it was still a lot of fun.

He came over to pick something up from our house on Saturday and we didn't have anything planned so we decided to take a ride that we had been talking about for a while. He was great to put up with me and my scooter following behind him as we went out to Wiseman's Ferry. It is a very pretty place and a very beautiful drive. It took us about an hour to ride from our house and go the approximately 50k.

The drive was really nice as it was just along a windy counry road. It was kind of funny because (with my 'P' plate) I can only 90kph and the speedlimit was 80 or 90kph along the road. On the way there I have to say that had it full throttle most of the time and was barely making 90, but at least I kind of kept up (I am sure Donald was being nice and didn't leave me behind).

At Wisemans ferry we stopped and had a bite to eat (Thanks Donald) and just had a good time talking. On the way home I looked down and my gas guage was on 'E' so we had to stop and fill up just before making it home (Going full throttle like that meant that I could actually watch the needle fall). I possibly could have made it but it is better to safe than sorry, right!

Thanks for the fun Donald!



3 comments:

Janae said...

sounds like you had a great time. I am glad you didn't run out of gas. We almost did on the way home from California...yikes.

Donald said...

Motocycles... is the Devil!

I can see that he is bewitching you with all that promise of freedom and horse power, costly biker apparel, secret motorcycle gang handshakes, and the sweet beguiling burble of a two into one parallel twin.

Turn away, turn away before it's too late and you is ending up having too much fun!



...And always remember Kevin, with great horse power comes great responsibility.

A-L said...

What a fun place to go for a ride. I love Wisemans Ferry!