Thursday, January 29, 2009

ANOTHER MILESTONE HAS BEEN REACHED

My little man has come a really long way. From the really shy and anxious boy of only a few years ago to a boy ready to face the world without his mommy...sniff, sniff.

Just before leaving the house we read our special book and I gave him his kiss to keep with him always.
(Thanks Madz for the pics)

Then we were off. He was disappointed when the bell rang and he didn't get to go line up yet. We had to wait around for half an hour before our appointed time to check him in and have a little meeting. Finally after all the boxes where checked we headed to the classroom where he will spent the next couple of weeks until they are divided up into kindy classes. He put down his bag gave me a quick kiss and off he went without a look back.
Now it is just me and the squirt...

7 comments:

Deb said...

It is always a sad day when you send your kids off to kindergarten. I did that last fall, but I really have enjoyed having one on one time with the baby. Does Cooper get to go all day long? That would be my one wish. Three hours is just not long enough.

Mari said...

way to go Cooper! Obviously so ready to go to school!!

Janae said...

Have fun Cooper!

Shelley Fairbanks said...

Cute pic's. Great job Madi. Your kids are getting so big. Ryley's picture is precious. Love those chubby cheeks. Just wanna pinch them to death!!

Stacy, did you cut your hair shorter this time? Looks shorter than the last picture I saw of you. I cut mine shorter today and highlighted it for the first time ever. BIG step, but definitely needed.

Cherish said...

Oh it is so hard the first week or so, but by Jan. I am scared for summer break! I am loving the school hats, we should petition for those here!

Unknown said...

Good on ya, mate! Congrats, Coop! Keep those other blokes in line, eh!

Jones Fam said...

Sorry ... don't know where the Gary came from ... it should be from Jessy and family :)