Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HISTORIC DAY

It doesn't matter what party you belong to or who you voted for - today (January 20th in the US) is definitely a historic day. The first African American is now the president of the United States of America. He has moved into a house that slaves built, the day after the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. was celebrated - how ironic.

I am very interested to see if Barack Obama can fulfill his political promises. He is an eloquent speaker and he seems to be able to pull people together - but how will that equate to policies that will affect future generations?

The one thing that I do know for sure is that Barack Obama is good for America at this time. People outside of the US love this man. This is what we need, a man to help the way the world views us as a nation.

He will makes needed changes, I just hope that he goes about it in a way that will not affect my children too much. They should not pay for the mistakes of previous generations. Today that doesn't really matter, today is a happy day in politics and day of unity, a historic day to remember!

3 comments:

Deb said...

The best thing that we can do is pray for President Obama and his staff to make the right decisions. Whether we voted for him or not, it is not in the country's best interest for him to fail.

Janae said...

I am very curious to see how this all play out!

Luvnbnamom said...

Great post Stacy!! So good infact that I had to plagerize it! lol Okay well I didnt quite go that far but I did quote you in my post! lol I just couldnt think of anything to say after reading how perfectly you summed the day up! lol