Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER SUNDAY

I love Easter. It is such a wonderful time of year to contemplate the sacrifice the Savior made for each of us. I miss seeing the grass turn green and the new flowers peeking out of the ground. This always reminds me of new life and the resurrection.

We had very good intentions of going to see General Conference broadcast at the Stake Center today - what a perfect day to hear from the prophets and apostles. However, a little one with a fever ruined that plan. No worries, plan B, we watched the Sunday sessions of General Conference via the Internet in our own living room. I loved hearing all the talks about the Savior and the reminders of how to make my life better. We have one more session to watch for FHE and we are done.
We also had our Easter egg hunt this afternoon with good success. Every time we do an egg hunt I am reminded of the FHE lesson I love which used items from the last few days of Christ's life put into plastic eggs, along with a scripture reference, to tell the story for children. We do this FHE every year and I have done it in Primary many times as well. The last egg is left empty to remind us of the resurrection. When the plastic eggs are all emptied weeks after Easter and returned to me I am reminded of this - I hope my kids are as well.
HAPPY EASTER FROM THE LAND OF OZ FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS!
May we all be reminded of the Savior and his importance in our lives at this time of year and all year long.

No comments: