Friday, April 24, 2009

PRESSIES AND PROJECTS

I need to do more projects I have decided - I forgot how much I like them. Today we finally got around to our Earth Day project (only a few days late...oops!). While at the Easter show we were given sunflower seeds for the kids to plant at home. We thought that would be the perfect thing to do on Earth Day. We added to that project a house plant for us to take care of. Today was the day. Madi painted the pot for our plant "Lovie" and we finally planted the sunflower seeds. As soon as they grow big we are going to find a place for them in the garden outside - I have to admit I have never been able to grow sunflowers before, but we will give it a try. I also have to admit that I have a green thumb when it comes to plants outside, but not the ones that are inside. Hopefully Lovie will survive us and live long and prosper.

Also this week there was a knock at the door and the post was here to deliver a package from the States. I have to say that I have the best little sister in the world. She is amazing and sends me stuff periodically to feed my American candy addiction and to supply me with movies. I love her and am so glad that she is thinking of us - although she spoils us too much!

Also in the package was the prize that I won on my SIL's blog. I was randomly chosen and she made little people for us. I love them Janae - thanks so much! The little girl with piggies had to have some reattachment surgery (nothing a glue gun can't fix) but other than that they came in perfect condition.

2 comments:

Janae said...

I am glad that you like them. You know that the little one is Rylee right? (or gee it is supposed to be)

Stacy said...

Yeah, we figured it out. Although Madi was sad because she wanted piggies..LOL!