Thursday, April 30, 2009

DO YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES?

Well I have one little girl at my house that believes in them with all of her heart. She reads her fairy books all of the time and has collected more in the series as well. She tells me all of the time that she knows with all her heart that fairies are real.

A few days ago Kev and I were watching a gardening show on TV in which they were building a fairy garden for a little 2 year old girl with cancer. In it they told fairy facts. I was passing along these fairy facts to Madi the next day and she especially liked the fact that if you build a home for a fairy it will come and stay the night and leave some money behind - who wouldn't like that right? She talked Cooper into building a fairy land with her - convincing him that there are boy fairies as well. They went around the house collecting seashells, boxes, and other little bits to make the best fairy houses around.

What should appear inside the houses this morning? You guessed it a little silver! I am interested to see if the fairy land gets bigger and bigger now that some fairies have stopped by to stay the night.

Here are some fairy facts:

- when it rains while the sun is shining that is fairy magic

- build a house (letting your parents know of course) and a fairy will leave behind a treasure

- ever seen footprints in the dew of the grass, fairy magic of course

- fairies are responsible for the changes of the seasons (anyone who has seen TinkerBell knows that one)

- if you find a 4-leaf clover you are granted one wish and you also have the possibility of seeing a fairy

- fairies like to hide in the leaves in your garden

2 comments:

Janae said...

Cute! I hope those fairys are wealthy. It might just be an easy way to make money. I have actually heard about fairy houses before. I am glad Madi and Cooper made some.

Carli said...

Beautiful - we have a really wonderful book about making fairy gardens for all four seasons. I'll have to show it to Madi.