Sunday, May 18, 2008

BE AS A LITTLE CHILD

I was reminded of this during the week with an experience I had with Cooper. A few days ago when Cooper was watching TV the picture turned to black and white for no apparent reason. He came and found me and told me there was something wrong. When I came in I tried to figure it out, but couldn't and told him that he would have to wait for his dad to come home and he could help us out. Several hours later we turned on the TV and Cooper was disappointed to see that it still had no color. I told him it was okay we could just wait and watch it like that. A few minutes later a quiet voice said, "Mom, if we ask Jesus he will fix the TV for us." I asked him if Jesus would care that the TV was in black and white and not color. He said that he would fix it if we prayed. I told him that he could say the prayer and he thought about it for a few minutes. Then he said okay mommy. We closed our eyes and he said, "Dear kind Heavenly Father, Jesus will you please fix the TV so that it has color?" We said Amen and opened our eyes and to my surprise the TV was in color. I was so surprised! I have had many prayers answered in my lifetime, but I was reminded that day that Heavenly Father cares about even the little "insignificant" prayers. I was also reminded to learn something from my 4 year old - who definately has more faith than I do.

3 comments:

Mari said...

That's a beautiful story, and a gentler reminder..... thanks for sharing!

elder mcdonough said...

love it! what a sweet boy. i too have been suprised by the spirit and the humility of children. keep up the good work with madi and boys you are doing what i would do, and i think she will eventually pass through this phase.

Brittney said...

I told my husband this story and we both teared up. The faith of children is amazing. Thanks for sharing this Stace.